Amla, also known as “Indian gooseberry”, is loaded with nutrients and is the richest natural source of vitamin C.
Amla helps improve digestion and relieve acidity. It is also effective for diabetics as it helps control blood glucose levels. It helps prevent aging, greying of hair and boosts immunity.
According to Ayurveda, Amla is one of the best Rasayanic tonics that helps to brighten the skin, purify blood and improve eyesight.
There are a number of ways in which you can consume Amla. It can be taken in the form of juice, murabba, chutney and candy or even eaten raw.
Amla might be useful to manage a number of eye disorders like lacrimation (tear formation), redness, burning, itching of the eye and in improvement of the eyesight. Tannins in Amla help to manage diabetic cataract and also prevent loss of vision by reducing the fluid pressure in the eye. Due to its antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, Amla is known as a natural eye tonic.
Amla helps manage indigestion by improving the Pachak Agni (digestion fire). It also helps in easy expulsion of stool due to its Rechana (mild laxative) property.
- Amla helps manage indigestion by improving the Pachak Agni (digestion fire).
- Amla helps control weight by improving the metabolism.
- It helps in easy expulsion of stool.
- Amla might be useful in controlling high cholesterol.
- Amla improves body metabolism and helps lower cholesterol.
- Baheda WholeAmla helps manage bloody diarrhea.
- Amla might help in reducing pain and improve mobility in osteoarthritis.
- Amla helps to control joint pains and swelling.
- Amla helps to control blood sugar level by regulating carbohydrate metabolism.