Fennel seeds are popularly known as Saunf in Hindi. It is an ancient Indian spice with culinary uses. Spices are usually hot in nature, but Fennel is an exception. It is a cooling spice with a sweet-bitter taste. Fennel seeds are packed with essential nutrients such as vitamin C.
Chewing some seeds of Fennel, especially after meals, is considered to be good for digestion because of the presence of a component known as anethole. Due to its good digestive activity, Fennel seeds are beneficial in managing weight as well as preventing constipation, bloating and colic. Fennel seeds are also useful in easing menstrual cramps due to their property of reducing uterine contractions. Its consumption also helps in managing kidney and bladder disease due to its diuretic property. You can also consume a few Fennel seeds to get relief from nausea and vomiting. Fennel seeds are beneficial for lactating women - antehole present in them helps increase breast milk secretion in women.
Fennel seeds water can help reduce eye inflammation. You can soak some cotton in Fennel seed water and keep it in the affected eye for a few minutes to get relief from inflammation.
- Fennel seeds are used to manage flatulence.
- It is useful to get rid of digestive problems like indigestion and bloating.
- Fennel seeds might help control constipation.
- Fennel seeds help manage the colic pain in babies.
- Fennel seeds have the properties of appetizer and digestive.
- Fennel seeds might ease the cramping pain during menstruation.
- Fennel seeds might be useful for patients suffering from bronchitis.
- Fennel seed might help reduce the risk of upper respiratory tract infections.
- Fennel seeds water can help reduce eye inflammation.