Ginger is used as a spice, flavoring agent as well as an herbal remedy in almost every Indian household. It is rich in nutrients and certain bioactive compounds that have potent medicinal benefits.
Ginger helps improve digestion by increasing the absorption of food which thereby helps improve metabolism. Due to this, the regular intake of Ginger water might help reduce body weight. It also helps manage cardiovascular diseases due to its antioxidant property as it prevents the cell damage caused by free radicals. Drinking a cup of Ginger tea before traveling can even help prevent the symptoms of motion sickness such as nausea and vomiting. Ginger helps improve the sexual performance in men by increasing the testosterone levels (male sex hormone) and also improves sexual desire due to its aphrodisiac property. Ginger is also found to be effective for women in managing menstrual pain due to its antispasmodic and analgesic properties.
Topical application of Ginger removes excess oil from the skin and manages certain skin infections. Ginger is also effective in controlling hair loss as well as promoting hair growth. Application of Ginger juice on skin might help control acne formation.
- Fennel seeds are used to manage flatulence.
- Ginger is used for the prevention of nausea and vomiting following surgery.
- Ginger is effective in managing morning sickness, especially during pregnancy.
- Ginger is effective in managing menstrual pain.
- Iit helps improve metabolism.
- Ginger is beneficial in managing high cholesterol. It helps to lower cholesterol by converting it into bile acids.
- Ginger is beneficial in managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Ginger is effective in managing osteoarthritis.
It is beneficial in the management of high blood pressure.