Isabgol also known as psyllium husk is a dietary fiber that helps to increase stool and promote laxation. It is one of the most commonly used home remedies for constipation.
Isabgol is good for weight loss as it gives a feeling of fullness and helps prevent overeating. It is also good for diabetic patients as it helps to manage blood glucose levels.
Isabgol consumption is good for piles as it makes the stool bulky and prevents constipation. It also reduces the inflammation in piles due to its anti-inflammatory property.
Isabgol, when applied to the skin along with aloevera gel, helps in managing acne and pimples due to its anti-inflammatory property.
Isabgol husk can be taken either with warm milk or water preferably before going to bed. It is advisable to avoid excessive consumption of Isabgol as it may lead to complications like abdominal pain, loose stools, diarrhoea etc.
- Isabgol is beneficial in the management of constipation.
- Isabgol is beneficial in managing hemorrhoids.
- It also reduces congestion and bleeding associated with haemorrhoids.
- Isabgol is beneficial in lowering cholesterol in people with high cholesterol.
- Isabgol is beneficial in managing diarrhea.
- Isabgol helps in case of Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Isabgol helps in case of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Isabgol gives good result in case of skin problems like acne or pimples.
- Isabgol is beneficial in managing diabetes.